Wash day is a big deal when you have natural hair. I find myself mentally preparing days before I even get started. The biggest question for me is "when will I have the time and the energy to detangled, shampoo, condition, detangle again and style my natural hair at the same time. Well, rarely do they all happen at once. In my natural hair regimen, each event has it's own special day.
I have to spread the love over a few days or the job just wont get done. Breaking up the steps I have to take to wash my hair allows the rest of my life to flow. This time life fell into place quite well allowing me to relax and enjoy my wash day regimen, on a week day. What!
Having diner prepared that morning worked in my favor, so all I had to do was pop my meal in the oven and get my boys settled after returning home from work. I also believe the full moon compelled me to relax a bit before starting the process. Bathing was not in the plan initially, but I relaxed in a warm charcoal detox bath and facial for about 30 minutes before I began my cleanse regimen in the shower. It felt so good and gave my hair a scalp a little steam release before I actually started cleansing.
MY WASH DAY REGIMEN
1. The day before I detangle my hair with my hands, massage an oil blend into my scalp, and style loosely in a bun.
2. I shampoo in the shower with a detachable shower head using a clarifying shampoo first followed by a moisturizing shampoo.
3. I detangle while my hair is wet in the shower using a beach comb and a paddle brush for knotted tangles.
4. Once out of the shower I towel dry my hair before applying conditioner liberally and combing the conditioner through using a beach comb
5. I leave conditioner on overnight and rinse in the shower the next day before creating a quick and easy go to style.
*CLICK HERE to see my post on how I create an easy "go to style"
Kera Care 1st Lather Shampoo
Kera Care Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
Kera Care Humecto Crème Conditioner
Today's wash day experience is one for the journal. I felt great being able to relax into my natural hair care regimen and not feel rushed. I felt great having home taken care of and being able to take advantage of my time to relax and actually enjoy wash day. My purpose for this blog is to share with you and show you that natural hair care can be easy. The key is in making a few lifestyle commitments.
During this month's Curls Night Out, we will discuss and share ways you can learn to make your natural hair regimen healthy and easy. CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP.
Until next time,