The first item up for grabs is my all time favorite moisturizer, Dudley's PCA. I have been using this moisture retainer for the past 20 years and have yet to find anything that compares to its ability to help my hair retain moisture. It works well on all hair types as a leave in conditioner. I like that is blends well with other products. Some leave in conditioners cause gels to roll up and create build up. I use it as an all over leave-in conditioner immediately after shampooing and to add moisture to all my styles in between shampooing. It is even lightweight enough to use on silkened natural hair.
Using a good leave-in moisturizer consistently helps your hair retain moisture. With a good moisture balance natural hair is more manageable and shiny. PCA works well on all hair types. It is a great product for new naturals to start to see their true curl pattern. It's a must-have for wash-and-go styling, locs, protective, and heat styles.
Here are a few ways you can use Dudley's PCA on your natural hair.
1) As a leave in conditioner after shampooing. This product has been a staple in my natural hair regimen since the 1990s. This video demonstrates how I use it to create my go to style. CLICK HERE to watch. You can read my blog post about my go to style by clicking HERE.
2) Spray moisturizer for protective styles. To use as a moisturizer for protective styles, PCA can made into a spray by diluting with distilled water or rose water. This is the rose water I use, Cortas Rose Water. The best times to spray are before or after showering and before tying hair up before bed.
3) Moisturizer for silkened hair
Silkening is a great way to change up the look of natural hair, but it can be a moisture zapper. PCA is lightweight enough to apply to silkened hair without causing frizz. In fact, it does the opposite. PCA adds moisture and eliminates frizz helping your style last longer. Apply sparingly to areas that are prone to dryness, like the nape area, hairline, and ends before wrapping or rolling your hair. I walk you through how to properly wrap your silkened hair so it stays frizz free in this video. CLICK HERE to watch
4) Maintain Locs
I can't say enough about the power of PCA to retain moisture and shine on locs.
If you already use PCA leave comment below telling us how you use it on your natural hair.
Now go follow Naturally You Salon for a chance to win, Dudley' s PCA
This giveaway is open to participants worldwide unless otherwise stated.
Here's how to enter for a chance to win:
1) Follow and leave a comment @naturallyyousalon on Instagram.
CLICK HERE to go to my Instagram Account
2) Follow and comment @StrandsofLove on Bloglovin
CLICK HERE to go to my Blog
3) Follow and comment @naturallyyousalon on Facebook
CLICK HERE to go to my Facebook Page
Entry Deadline Date. All follows and comments must be completed by 12/31/2017.
Winners are chosen randomly from each social media account. Each winner will be announced within three days of the entry deadline.
Share this post with your curls friends who would love a chance to win great products for their natural hair.
Til next time,
Welcome! Strands of Love is a natural hair service focused on teaching women to grow healthy natural hair by focusing on a healthy lifestyle.